Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter


Okay, I'm still playing around with this blog idea. Trying to figure out anything related to the computer is a challenge to me. I would much rather be gluing paper together.
I hope everyone will have a good weekend. I am full of mixed emotions this weekend. On one hand the weather is beautiful, but it is also the anniversary of my mother's death. She died a year ago on April 4. I am thinking of dyeing Easter eggs. My family, including my brother and father, had a blast blowing out eggs and coloring them a number of years ago. I mean blast literally. As any of you who have done this before know, blowing out an egg is a challenge. We got the bright idea of using a bicycle pump to speed the process along. It worked fairly well, but we exploded several eggs in the process. Anyway, we managed to do a couple of dozen eggs without breaking them and still have them. When I see the eggs, a good memory is brought to the surface. I cherish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment